NMSDC LEADERSHIP WEEK
Leadership Week 2019 in New York is the place to be May 13-17!
Have you made your plans to join us? The success last year of the first Leadership Week in New York has led NMSDC to create, for 2019, an even richer, more challenging and more robust series of events. The week culminates, of course, with the Leadership Awards gala, on the evening of May 16. BP, Toyota and Rose International are co-chairing the Gala, the most glittering night on NMSDC’s annual calendar. May we suggest that you also make plans to participate in the following Leadership Week activities?
Register and book your hotel room today. Hotel block closes April 19, 2019.
NMSDC Network Leadership Meeting
Monday, May 13, 2019 | 12 – 5 p.m. | Tuesday, May 14, 2019 | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Major League Baseball (MLB) | 245 Park Avenue | New York, NY
Strategic execution, sharing of best practices amongst affiliates and network collaboration are the focus of this quarterly meeting of NMSDC’s executive leadership, as well as presidents, board chairs and MBE Input Committee representatives from our 23 regional affiliates. Major League Baseball (MLB) will be the meeting’s host.
The Industry Leaders’ Workshop: Changes in Supplier Diversity over the Next 5 to 10 years
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 | 12 – 4 p.m. | TKP, 109 West 39th St, New York, NY 10018 – Room: East Village
NMSDC’s Industry Group Chairs will pull together supplier diversity professionals from a cross section of industries for a fast-paced, collaborative exercise focused on the future of supplier diversity. The expected outcome of the workshop is to develop a vision of anticipated changes in the supplier diversity profession over the next 3, 5, and 10 years, looking specifically at new markets entrance. This includes emerging disenfranchised groups, new technologies that will impact purchasing and supplier diversity, new tools and techniques to enhance Corporate-to-MBE matchmaking sessions, and new learning platforms.
MBE Workshop: Hacking Our Way into Advanced Technology
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 | 12 – 4 p.m. | TKP, 109 West 39th St, New York, NY 10018 – Room: Madison
Presented by Pacific Gas and Electric Company and DDB Worldwide Communications Group, this “micro-hackathon” will bring together MBEs and diversity experts in the NMSDC community. The goal is to discover hacks that will advance MBE participation in emerging technology and to evolve supplier diversity engagement from bolted-on after thoughts to an integral part of cutting-edge ideation, R&D, production and implementation.
The group will tackle the following questions:
- Where are the opportunities?
- Where are MBEs currently participating in these opportunities? Where are they are not participating? Are there competitive MBEs?
- What is needed for successful MBEs to embrace new technologies to grow their business or remain competitive?
- Supplier diversity is new to many Fortune 500 advanced technology companies. How do we help them to mature their supplier diversity initiatives?
- How can tech companies integrate MBEs into cutting edge initiatives from cradle to grave?
- How do we change the stereotype and/or bias that MBEs do not bring value to these new endeavors?
GSDA (Global Supplier Diversity Alliance) and Accenture present:
How to Go Global with Your Supplier Diversity Program
Thursday, May 16, 2019 | 9 – 11 a.m. | Accenture, 1345 Avenue of the Americas, 10th Floor, New York, NY
Globalization has impacted all of us. As businesses expands beyond borders and companies move into different regions, to be successful, it is necessary to have a global strategy. Tailored for supplier diversity professionals considering expansion to a global strategy and/or expanding business into region external to the U.S., this session – sponsored by Accenture – will be of great practical interest.
Come and learn from international MBEs discussing their challenges and successes, as well as global council presidents who will explore for you how laws, regulations and access work for an MBE looking to go global. This session is open to corporate members, corporate plus members and MBEs looking to go global. Please note that space is limited to the first 50 persons.
NMSDC Corporate Plus® Summit
Thursday, May 16, 2019 |8 a.m. – 2 p.m. |CITI, 601 Lexington Avenue, Citigroup Center, New York, NY
The Corporate Plus Summit brings together this exclusive membership group of exceptional minority businesses to celebrate annual successes and strategize around program offerings, growth and impact. This year’s agenda will include:
- Joint CPO and Corporate Plus continental breakfast & lunch
- Joint CPO and Corporate Plus Round Table discussion
- Corporate Plus Leaders View from the Top Presentation
- Adrienne Trimble, President and CEO of NMSDC
- Mike Hoffman, Vice President, Global Procurement, Pfizer
- Steve Hightower, CEO, Hightowers Petroleum Co.
- Terrez Thompson, Vice President, Global Supplier Diversity, Coca-Cola
- Presentation of the Four Workstreams and Plan Going Forward, including:
- Design the Future
- Access by Design
- Amplify the Brand
NMSDC CPO Summit
Supply Chain and the Digital Era: New Technology, Transformation and Supplier Diversity
Thursday, May 16, 2019 |8 a.m. – 2 p.m. | CITI, 601 Lexington Avenue, Citigroup Center, New York, NY
The NMSDC, in partnership with CITI, is an exclusive and intimate gathering, tailored for the executives who direct and implement corporate procurement policy. Five reasons to attend:
- 60+ Chief Procurement Officers representing Fortune 500 Companies
- Senior thought leadership and peer networking
- Emerging and innovative best practices
- Access to leading experts in strategy, supplier diversity and transformation
- Key trends in sharing on sustainable supplier diversity practices around the globe
NMSDC Leadership Awards
Thursday, May 16, 2019 |6:30 – 10:30 p.m. |New York Hilton Midtown, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
“The State of Minority Business: The Business and Economic Impact” is the theme of this year’s Leadership Awards gala.
With a visual presentation led by Adrienne Trimble, President and CEO of NMSDC. The evening will feature another distinguished guest, to be announced soon, speaking on the future of supplier diversity. Their remarks will serve to rally a new spirit of collaboration in moving toward economic inclusion and equity.
The Leadership Awards also honors dynamic corporate executives and minority business owners for their outstanding accomplishments. Awards are given to individuals with proven leadership, who have had a positive impact on their companies, and an impact that resonates throughout the NMSDC network.
The 2019 Leadership Awards will honor:
- CEO of the Year: John Donovan, CEO, AT&T Communications
- CPO of the Year: Tony Tomczak, Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Procurement Officer, DTE Energy
- Supplier Diversity Professional of the Year: Lance Hyde, Diversity Manager, EQT
- MBE of the Year: Sidd Ahmed, Founder and President, VDart
- Lifetime Achievement: Sidney Johnson, Vice Chair of NMSDC and Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Management, APTIV
- Vanguard Award: Jacqueline Marie Matos, President & CEO, Puerto Rico Minority Supplier Development Council
- President’s Economic Impact Award: Rev. Jesse L. Jackson
The evening begins with a 6:30 pm cocktail reception, followed promptly by the dinner at 7:30 pm.
Strategic Opportunities at the 2019 NMSDC Leadership Awards
There’s no better way to support the 2019 NMSDC Leadership Awards than by becoming a sponsor. This black tie gala honors corporate executives, supplier diversity professionals, minority business owners and an affiliate council president for their exemplary leadership. The event is the perfect setting for your brand to shine alongside the best and brightest among the NMSDC network.
Please browse the opportunity booklet to see which opportunity is best for your business.
NMSDC Semi-Annual Board Meeting
Friday, May 17, 2019 |8 a.m. – 12 p.m. |New York, NY
This meeting of NMSDC’s national Board of Directors is pivotal to the network’s business and planning, sponsored this year by Pfizer. (NMSDC Board Members: please RSVP via the calendar invite.)